Sunday, August 14, 2016

Pinterest Food Find. Cheesy Quinoa Cakes With a Roasted Garlic and Lemon Aioli

okay--my husband and I REALLY loved this, my kids thought it was ok.  We will definitely be having this again!
I doubled this recipe, when making the aioli I did NOT double the cayenne pepper...I also did not have green onions on hand so I just subbed regular sliced onions--DELICIOUS!


INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS

  1. For the cakes: Place all ingredients, except for the oil, into a mixing bowl and stir together until well combined. Season with salt and allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
  2. Pour oil into a large sauté pan and place over medium heat.
  3. Form ¼ cup patties with the quinoa mixture and place in the heated sauté pan. (this will have to be done in batches).
  4. Cook quinoa cakes for about 5 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining patties until all of the cakes have been cooked. Set aside.
  5. For the aioli: Place all ingredients into a food processor, season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Pour into a small bowl and serve alongside the warm quinoa cakes.

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this sounds delish!!!!!!!!!!!