Photo & Recipe credit: Picky Palate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons malt powder (I used Carnation)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Place flour, malt powder, sugar, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, egg, vanilla and chocolate chips into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, spoon about 1/4 cup batter into center of pan. With spoon, form round pancake quickly. Let cook for 60 seconds or until batter starts to bubble. With spatula, flip and cook an additional minute or until cooked through and browned. Continue until all batter is used.
- To prepare whipped cream whisk heavy whipping cream and sugar in mixing bowl until whipped cream forms. Top each pancake with a dollop of whipped cream and additional chocolate chips if desired.