Sunday, January 5, 2014

thankful.

I LOVE this month's Scrapbook Circle kit titled This Life.  I had the most fun with the vellum, I have to confess when I first used vellum I didn't really like it--it was VERY expensive and not to exciting...fast forward about 15 years and I LOVE it! ;)

I tried an experiment...I painted with Gesso on the background paper to show some dimension.  After this dried I adhered it (under where I knew it would be covered with pattern paper)..the look is just what I hoped it would be.  After I adhered it I wanted to see what it looked like when I sewed on it and distressed it a bit.  Yep, this layout was pretty much a "let's try this and see what happens!" kinda layout....Hope you let yourself do that every once in a while...I think sometimes we just take ourselves to seriously and forget to enjoy the process!
Thanks SO much for the visit today!  Make your day WONDERFUL!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful! LOVING the gesso and the stitching!!!!!!

Jenni Calma said...

This is so pretty Diana...I love the gesso and the color mix and little splashes of yellow I am hoarding my piece of vellum in my little hands!

Ashley Horton said...

Love your experimenting Diana, and the 8.5x11 format!!

Unknown said...

Really cool effect with layering the vellum on the gesso!