Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Mommy!

My mom's birthday was Thursday, this is what I made her: 
I'm really happy with how it turned out, it was really a lot of fun to make and of course I learned a few things.  (Bind it before you put big bulky items on so that you can actually get it in the bind-it-all!  The weren't where I was going to punch the hole but they made it difficult to slide the paper to be punched.)  I also loved the effect that heat embossing on chipboard does.  My numbers were not all black, I think they some were gold, glitter purple, and silver.  I just used some versamark and black embossing powder (twice) and away you go!  It turned out great!  and the best part she loved it!  Now I just need to print out this years pictures......

supplies:
Bind-it-all
Crackle accent: Ranger
pattern paper: Scenic Route
jewels: michaels, hobby lobby
ink: unknown
chipboard letters, shapes & numbers: American Crafts
stars & circles: George font Cricut
star brads: Making Memories
Cardstock: Bazzill
stickles: Ranger

3 comments:

Theresa C said...

What a great gift idea! Your mom was bound to love it because ....1)you made it with your own two hands and 2) it was loaded with pictures of her beautiful grandchildren! I hope she had a happy birthday.

Hilary Kanwischer said...

Fabulous album Diana. I love the progression of photo's too. I'm sure she'll treasure it forever. :)

Alecia Wolfford said...

WOW, what a fabulous gift!! You did a great job on it!!

Thanks for your blog love too!!