Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Project Life my way...

I shared the other day that I was cleaning out my stash-this is what it looked like when I was done:
this picture doesn't show the magnitude of what is in the boxes but they have a home!  I'm really excited that what is in these bags and boxes will be going to a special needs adult art program.  I asked my friend for pictures of the creations that they make and when I get them I'll be sure to share them here.  Such a wonderful relief to have my front room back, know what I have!  I don't think I've done a de stashing like this for years...

Okay, onto the Project life my way.  I figure if I can do it MY way or what works for me then it will get done.  I think one thing to remember is to be patient with yourself and the time that you have.  In my case it's working on things a little at a time.  For instance this morning before I go to the gym and while waiting for my son to be ready for school I foiled these cards:
I love how they turned out!  I grabbed these from Etsy-you can find the link HERE.  I added the year in Photoshop Elements using the font Arsenal White-you can find that HERE.  I decided to go a bit digital and work on the journaling in Photoshop-it will most likely be more legible and I can fit more writing on it.  I'm not 100% sure how I am going to print my images but for right now I edited them in Photoshop (sometimes with digital stamps) and then print them on my photo printer.  I may go back to printing from Costco or Snapfish I know there are other places to print but that is what I have used in the past depending on sales, and speed.  I use Photoshop because I can create 3x4 images of those pictures that don't have a lot of detail but I want to help tell my story.

One other thing that I have finally discovered is that this Project Life things is the story of my family told in MY voice.  Not someone elses-now that may sound simple but I had a light bulb moment.  I wasn't enjoying it because I was trying to use a system and story that wasn't mine.  That isn't real-yes, it was pretty but not MY story.  That being said I have thought about color schemes-do I got with one?  I think it all depends on the week-I really want to keep it simple and uncluttered-I think that is why the planner craze hasn't really appealed to me much.  I have a planner-I have actually ALWAYS had a planner-I just don't want it cluttered with other things like stickers.  It's my list of to do's, meal planning and other items.

So, I may be rambling but I want to continue to share with you how my project is coming together.  I may or may not have time to work on it today.  I have some test taking to do for my coaching and laundry to do but at least I have my weekly cards READY!

Thanks SO much for popping in today-make your day AMAZING!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good for you on the stash!!!! Can you email me the program you donated too? I would like to give them some stuff too! :) I love your outlook on PL!!!!!