Sunday, December 21, 2014

pinterest food find. black bean soup.

looking for something FAST, EASY, and DELICIOUS?  We love black beans at my house so I thought I would try a black bean soup--I was a little afraid never having made it before--I have NO idea why I was afraid...this was SERIOUSLY delicious and EASY!  There are only 5 ingredients in this recipe!
credit goes to: gimme some oven

5-INGREDIENT BLACK BEAN SOUP

This 5-Ingredient Black Bean Soup is full of great flavor, and ready to go in just 20 minutes!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 3 (15 oz) cans black beans, with liquid
  • 1 lb. (about 2.5 cups) good-quality salsa, homemade or store-bought (I love the brand Herdez)
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed (plus extra for garnish)
  • 2 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1 clove garlic, minced

DIRECTIONS:


Stir all ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until simmering. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve soup warm topped with additional fresh cilantro as garnish.
I wanted my soup to be a little thicker and the tomatoes to be LESS noticeable so I ran it through my Blender.  
Thanks for the visit today--make your day a GREAT one!