Tuesday, August 2, 2011

girl's camp...You are my sunshine

I can finally share with you pictures from girl's camp last week, I had a blast with my daughter and the other girls from my ward (congregation).  A week ago we went on a HARD hike, actually one person put it perfectly it should have said Rock climbing-we did a lot of that!  So glad that I've been stretching and have some upper body strength....the scenery was SO beautiful!  It was muggy on the lower elevation we were sweating a lot, but as we began to climb the mountain it began to cool.  

On Wednesday we had a HUGE water fight.  With 200 girls plus leaders it was an all out war--the girls braided my hair in preparation:
(yes, those green things are leaves.  I was mother nature.....)
notice the standing water on my pants?  I was SO wet!  Luckily they rang the bell and everyone was able to change into something dry.  But it sure was fun to drench and be drenched!

it's August and that means a new kit from Scrapbook circle!  This month's kit is called You are My Sunshine this kit is filled with FUN paper and embellishments from Echo Park, Simple Stories, Basic Grey and Sassafras.
here's a little sneak peak at what the kit looks like:
this is one of the pages that I created with this kit:
In keeping with my Project Life picture journaling, I took this random shot of my mom.   It's not the "perfect" shot (where she's looking at the camera) but this captures a lot about her, she is serving food-which she always does at her house, she is wearing an apron, and telling a story.  This captures her "in action", I love it!  
Do you have shots like this?  Are you worried it might not be the "perfect" picture, guess what?  It doesn't matter, it's preserving memories that is the important part.  Is there something that your family does habitually?  It doesn't have to be complicated.  This day I was just snapping pictures and found this jewel.  

Here is a closeup of the side:
I sure had fun with this layout.
The summer is winding down for us, today we get to pick up my daughter's schedule for Jr. high.  Exciting!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit--I sure hope your day is a WONDERFUL one!

7 comments:

Diane Payne said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the girls camp! I love that layout of your Mom and I love photos of people in action. I wish I had more like it!

Rebecca Keppel said...

What a lovely layout--I wonder if everyone will cut those circles from that pp out lol? Love the fun pics from camp looks like you all had a great time.

Diana Fisher said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun! And I love that page you made for SC.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING the photos and loveeeeeeeee that lo!! Great that you captured your Mom like that...and loving all the circles! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa Spiegel said...

Girls camp looks like a blast! Love the layout...the "not perfect" pictures are sometimes the best...love.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Ahhh I miss girls camp! Love the layout of your mom cooking - that will be so special for your kids to look at some day! And I agree about scrapping not perfect pictures - it's the stories that matter!

Jamie Harder said...

Sure looks like you had a blast at camp:-) I love your layout - those circles are fantastic! I definitely struggle with scrapping all my imperfect photos BUT need to start doing more of it! This captures life perfectly:-)